2. Personal Information We Collect from You
1. Personal Information you provide to us
2. We obtain information from you such as that listed below at the time when you sign up for membership, purchase products, make inquiries, apply for a gift or prize, or when we conduct an online survey to improve the Website or the Service, etc.:
・Payment information (such as credit card information);
・History and content of transactions with the store;
・Content of your inquiries; and
・Any other information that you have voluntarily provided to us.
3. Personal Information automatically obtained from your device
・Technical information such as OS and browser type, version and language setting;
・IP address and approximate location information based thereon;
・Online identifiers such as cookie ID; and
・Your browsing history, search history and other information in relation to the Website and other websites
Of the above-listed Personal Information, information such as your name, e-mail address and password must be entered at the time of membership registration. In addition, it is necessary to enter information, such as order information, payment information and address, when you purchase products within the Service. Other than these types of Personal Information, you are not required to provide us with any Personal Information under the applicable laws or a contract; however, please note that, if you do not provide such Personal Information, you may not be able to use certain parts of the Service or the functions of the Website.
We collect your Personal Information through a legitimate and appropriate means and will not obtain your Personal Information through any inappropriate means under any circumstances.
We do not knowingly collect and process Personal Information of minors under 16 years of age without the consent of their parent or guardian. If we discover that we have collected or processed Personal Information of minors under 16 years of age without such consent, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible. If you become aware that a minor under 16 years of age has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us immediately at the contact information set forth in “12. Contact Information”.
4. Purposes and Lawful Basis of the Collection and Processing of Personal Information
We will collect and process your Personal Information for the following purposes:
1. To provide the Service enabling you to browse product information, order products, receive delivery of products, manage your purchase history, etc. (including customizing the products to be displayed and the order thereof within the Website based on your attributes, etc.); to provide relevant services that you wish to receive, such as subscriptions to e-mail newsletters; and to manage your information, provide notices on necessary matters and charge fees in relation to these services;
*Collection and processing of your Personal Information for this purpose is necessary in order to perform the contract we have concluded with you in connection with the Service or to carry out procedures at your request prior to entering into such a contract.
2. To monitor and prevent unauthorized use of the Website and the Service, and also to ensure security;
*Collection and processing of data for this purpose is necessary in order to fulfill our legal obligations or to protect your important interests or the important interests of third parties
3. To investigate and analyze the usage status of the Website and generate statistical information, which is done for the purpose of providing you with high quality products and services;
*Collection and processing of your Personal Information for this purpose is necessary to pursue legitimate interests, i.e., to perform our ordinary business.
4. To distribute advertisements tailored to your interests both inside and outside the Website based on your attributes, purchase history, browsing history, etc.
In principle, we will collect and process your Personal Information within the scope of the purposes set forth above, and we will obtain your prior consent when we use your Personal Information outside the scope of those purposes unless otherwise permitted by applicable laws and regulations.
5. Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We may, to the extent permitted by applicable laws and regulations, disclose your Personal Information to third parties in connection with one or more of the purposes for collecting and processing your Personal Information described above as follows:
(1) Disclosure to the following third parties who provide services to us:
1. When providing the following companies with name of the orderer, shipping addresses and information of the products to be shipped, etc. for product packaging and delivery services:
・Sagawa Express Co., Ltd.
・Federal Express Japan GK
・Yamato Transport Co., Ltd.
2. When providing the following payment service companies with credit card and order information for credit card payment services:
・Amazon Services International LLC
・PayPal Pte. Ltd.
3. When providing information to the following e-mail distribution service providers for the purpose of marketing using e-mail:
・Shopify Japan K.K.
(2) Disclosure of your Personal Information to a public organization (e.g., an administrative organ or court) or other third party in order to protect our legal rights or those of third parties, or pursuant to applicable laws and regulations or a request made by a public organization
Further, we may also provide third parties with statistical information created from your Personal Information.
6. International Transfer of Personal Information
In principle, your Personal Information is stored within Japan; please note, however, that in exceptional circumstances, your Personal Information may be transferred to and stored at countries/regions outside Japan to the extent necessary for the purposes specified under “4. Purposes and Lawful Basis of the Collection and Processing of Personal Information” above or as otherwise permitted by law, and that such country/region may not afford the same level of data protection as Japan. In such case, we will separately inform you of the name and contact information of the overseas recipient who stores your Personal Information outside Japan. If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding the international transfer of your Personal Information, please contact us using the contact information set forth in “12. Contact Information”. In the course of the international transfer of your Personal Information, we will take adequate measures to protect your Personal Information in a manner that complies with our legal obligations and ensure that related collection and processing of your personal data are in accordance with the applicable laws.
7. Retention Period and Deletion
We will not retain your Personal Information for any period exceeding the period necessary for the purposes specified in “3. Purposes and Lawful Basis of the Collection and Processing of Personal Information” above or after the specific purpose for which Personal Information was collected no longer exists; provided, however, that if we are obliged to retain your Personal Information under relevant laws and regulations, we will comply with the same. We will promptly delete your Personal Information upon the expiration of the aforementioned retention period. We destroy Personal Information stored in electronic file format by archiving it into a separate database in which the information is irretrievable through our ordinary course of business, or by using other technical measures which make it impossible to restore the data. Any Personal Information printed on paper will be shredded or incinerated.
We will take necessary security measures, such as maintaining a security system and establishing an internal management system, and will strictly manage your Personal Information in order to prevent leakage, loss, damage and other accidents relating to your Personal Information.
9. Your Rights
You may have certain rights regarding your Personal Information under applicable data protection laws, such as the right to request access to your Personal Information, the right to request copies of the Personal Information collected by us, the right to supplement or correct the same, the right to object to collection, processing or use of the same, and the right to delete the same. These rights must be exercised in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If you wish to exercise the above rights, please submit a request to us via the inquiry page. We will promptly handle your request after verifying your identity.
Also, the Website has a “Check/Change Your Registered Information” page which allows you to confirm whether your registered personal information is accurate and the most up-to-date version, and to update it at any time.
|Types of Cookies||Purposes of Use|
|Strictly required cookies||These cookies are required in order for the Website to run and cannot be switched off. Such cookies are only set in response to your actions such as language, currency, login session and privacy preferences. You can set your browser to block these cookies, but this may affect the way the Website runs.|
|Analysis and statistics cookies||These cookies allow us to measure visitor traffic and see traffic sources by collecting a series of information. They also help us understand which products and actions are more popular than others.|
|Marketing and re-targeting cookies||These cookies are usually set by our marketing and advertising partners. They may be used by our partners to build a profile of your interests and later show you relevant advertisements.|
|Functional cookies||These cookies enable the Website to offer additional functions and personal settings. They can be set by us or by third-party service providers who support the operation of the Website. If you do not allow these cookies, parts of the Website may not work properly.|
We use behavioral targeting advertising (an advertising method that delivers advertisements that are matched with your interests based on information such as site viewing information) in use of the programs provided by advertising distributors. At that time, you will be tracked online using the above-mentioned marketing and re-targeting cookies. Any information collected through cookies will be used in accordance with our and our advertising distributors’ privacy policies, etc.
If you wish to stop information collection for targeted advertisement purposes on the Website, please turn off the use of marketing and re-targeting cookies on this web page.
<use of google analytics>
Google Analytics Official Website:
To opt out of tracking from Google Analytics on all websites, please use the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on:
12. Contact Information
Alpha Co., Ltd.
Address: Jingumae Fashion Bldg 1F, 2-6-7 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo
E-mail address: email@example.com (12:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.)
*Excluding our regular holiday (Wednesdays)